Motor Vehicle Safety Office
*COVID-19 FAQs on Safety Checks, Commercial Driver’s Licenses and Ignition Interlock.
NOTE: MVSO counter service is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
HDOT’S MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY OFFICE (RELOCATED TO WAIMALU)
98-339 Ponohana Place
Aiea, Hawaii 96701
The MVSO operations include:
• The Highway Safety Office Staff (relocated from the Aliiaimoku Building, Room 405 at 869 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu), and
• The Motor Carrier Safety Staff, Highway Safety Section, and Clerical Servicing Staff (relocated from the Kakuhihewa Building, Room 511 at 601 Kamokila Boulevard, Kapolei).
• Counter service hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except for State observed holidays.
• Driver Education and Motorcycle Instructor Certification hours: Monday thru Friday by appointment.
• All other services hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except State observed holidays.
Airbag Recall Video
Driver’s License and State Identification Card
New Application Forms:
Highway Safety Section – Drivers:
Highway Safety Section – Motorcycle Safety:
Motor Vehicle Registration Related Links:
Motor Carrier Section:
Motor Carrier Safety Section – Heavy Vehicle Use Tax:
Highway Safety Section – Commercial Drivers:
Information about owning and driving a MOPED:
Periodic Inspection of Motor Vehicles:
To view and print the above “Portable Document Format (PDF) files”, you need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher. Download a free Reader by clicking on the “Get Acrobat” icon. This will link you to the Adobe web site, where step-by-step instructions are available.